- I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves.
- Every day People straighten up the hair, why not the heart.
- We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it.
- If they attack, we shall fight to the end. If the rockets had remained, we would have used them all and directed them against the very heart of the United States, including New York, in our defense against aggression. But we haven’t got them, so we shall fight with what we’ve got.
- The desire to sacrifice an entire lifetime to the noblest of ideals serves no purpose if one works alone.
- Our youth must always be free, discussing and exchanging ideas concerned with what is happening throughout the entire world.
- Everything we thought and felt in that past period ought to be deposited in an archive, and a new type of human being created.
- The life of a single human being is worth a million times more than all the property of the richest man on earth.
- Cruel leaders are replaced only to have new leaders turn cruel!
- I don't care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my gun and keeps on shootin
- If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine
- The Revolutionary is not a portrait, It's a landscape
- The revolution is made through human beings, but individuals must forge their revolutionary spirit day by day
- Be realistic, demand the impossible!
- I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man
Sunday, December 9, 2012
Saturday, December 8, 2012
Here are some of John Lennon's the best quotes:
1. "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans."
2. "As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot."
3. "You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!"
4. "Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
5. "If there's such a thing as genius — I am one. And if there isn't, I don't care."
6. "If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace."
7. "Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it."
8. "You either get tired fighting for peace, or you die."
9. “You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one.”
10. “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.”
11. “The more I see, the less I know for sure.”
12. “There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be...”
13. “Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns it calls me on and on across the universe.”
14. “It's weird not to be weird.”
15. “How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing?”
16. “Everything is clearer when you're in love.”
17. “Imagine all of us living in peace, it's too beautiful to just be a dream.”
18. “The more real you get the more unreal the world gets. ”
19. “Part of me suspects that I'm a loser, and the other part of me thinks I'm God Almighty.”
20. “Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.”
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
- If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.
- Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.
- Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.
- Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
- A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.
- Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.
- Business is never so healthy as when, like a chicken, it must do a certain amount of scratching around for what it gets.
- I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not know what can't be done.
- Before everything else, getting ready is the secret of success.
- A business absolutely devoted to service will have only one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly large.
- It is not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money. It is the customer who pays the wages.
- You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.
- The competitor to be feared is one who never bothers about you at all, but goes on making his own business better all the time.
- There is joy in work. There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something.
- Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.
- As we advance in life we learn the limits of our abilities.
- Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs.
- A market is never saturated with a good product, but it is very quickly saturated with a bad one.
- The highest use of capital is not to make more money, but to make money do more for the betterment of life.
- Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
Monday, November 26, 2012
Samuel Langhorne Clemens (November 30, 1835 – April 21, 1910), better known by his pen name Mark Twain, was an American author and humorist. He is most noted for his novel The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (1876) and its sequel, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (1885), the latter often called "the Great American Novel."
Here are few best quotes by Mark Twain:
- A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.
- Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
- Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
- Do something every day that you don't want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain.
- I am opposed to millionaires, but it would be dangerous to offer me the position.
- I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way.
- Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen.
- To be good is noble; but to show others how to be good is nobler and no trouble.
- Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
- Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
- A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read.
- Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.
- Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.
- A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
- The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.
You can buy his book "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" from below links:
Saturday, November 24, 2012
Socrates was a classical Greek Athenian philosopher. Credited as one of the founders of Western philosophy, he is an enigmatic figure known chiefly through the accounts of later classical writers, especially the writings of his students Plato and Xenophon, and the plays of his contemporary Aristophanes. Many would claim that Plato's dialogues are the most comprehensive accounts of Socrates to survive from antiquity.
- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
- The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.
- By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.
- An honest man is always a child.
- I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.
- From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate.
- The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be.
- Once made equal to man, woman becomes his superior.
- Remember that there is nothing stable in human affairs; therefore avoid undue elation in prosperity, or undue depression in adversity.
- Bad men live that they may eat and drink, whereas good men eat and drink that they may live.